Sunday, April 8, 2018

Almost there!

Another week in the books! I have been working extremely hard to complete my Community Based Unit and SLO in the time I had left. It's gunna be a run for the roses, or should I say degree. Haha. I can stay up night after night, but I can only rush my students so much. I can only hope and pray for the best.

My freshman student's and I have been working hard on learning our tools. We are making flash cards to study from, and it seems to be helping the students. My ENR student's are working hard at building our cages, the one base is complete, and the other is almost complete. The tops will require the student's to think about shapes and measurements to make sure the doors shut properly. The new study method for landscape appears to be working better for some of my student's. I am still having trouble managing others, but sometimes you just can't win them all.

Another thing that happened this week was the PAAE Region Meeting. We carpooled down in a van, which provided me an opportunity to chat and listen to various teacher topic conversations. (I also LOVED not being behind the wheel for another long drive. Haha.) Once there, I sat with Mr. Seaman from PSU and Mr. Brammer, the adviser for PA FFA. It was nice to chat with the both of them about my prospective job in Maryland. Mr. Brammer even offered to help me out if I ever wanted to get my Maryland students involved in something in PA. I look forward to seeing where this career takes me, and I look forward to really getting my life back on track.



1 comment:

  1. Katie, glad that this week was productive for both you and your students and that you got to attend a PAAE meeting! What was your favorite gem from this past week? What is one opp that you look to improve on?

    ReplyDelete